Yep! It’s getting hot again!
But the longer days are a welcome return and it’s still nice and cooler in the mornings and evenings.
Not only can we start venturing outdoors and enjoying the beautiful weather, it’s the perfect time to start getting active and feeling your best.
For those who may have let their health goals slip during the cooler months, opportunities are there to get back on track. Having clear goals for the rest of 2019 is the best way to develop good habits.
We’ve come up with 3 key areas that are easy and fun to focus on – to help you get the most out of your days, and the rest of the year!
Work Out Your Aches & Pains
Now is the perfect time to re-evaluate your health, and with that, any aches or pains you’ve been living with for a little too long.
From sinus headaches to migraines, back and neck pain to that troublesome injury that you just can’t seem to get right, it’s time to get some expert advice and set yourself onto the right path of wellness.
This is where we come in! At Yeronga Chiropractic we specialise in all things aches and pains, and not only treating the condition present, but diagnosing the root cause of how aches and pains can happen – so you can get back to your normal self in no time!
We are beginning to see lots of sore muscles from a wave of individuals jumping back into regular physical activity, as well as more stiff necks and backs as we all knuckle down before the end of the year comes to close. So, before we reach the end of the year and the Christmas festivities reallyyyyy start to set in, now is the perfect time to reach out and get some friendly expert advice.
Nothing is more motivating that waking up to sunshine (goodbye dark and dreary early mornings!).
It’s time to kick all the winter excuses to the curb and start embracing the extra energy that this time of year brings. Not only will you start feeling better about getting things done, you’ll find you’re a whole lot more productive than you’ve been in months!
This is a great time to get motivated about your health. Did you have a new year’s resolution you’ve let go? Did you want to shake off some bad habits you’ve developed?
Great news, this is the perfect time to do it all!
When we think about getting motivated about our health, it can easily seem like a lot of work. Nothing beats just starting.
Here are some sure-fire ways of getting you pumped and ready to get your health back on track:
- Water – don’t underestimate how crucial this is for us every day! Make sure you consume enough per day
- Sleep – set boundaries around turning off screen time or switching off for the day. Be sure to get 7-8 hours per night and recognise the difference it makes to your wellbeing, mood and energy when you don’t get enough
- Ween off the takeaway – plan your meals better, go to the shops to organise a proper meal instead of opting for the easy take away option. Not only will your health thank you for it, your wallet may too!
- Plan your weekly exercise in advance – can you include a short walk around the block before the end of the day? Can you get up earlier to go to the gym? Try and incorporate small amounts of exercise into your day on a consistent basis, and then work your way up to bigger periods of physical activity
- Stretch – you may think stretching is overrated (what’s the big deal after all?), but studies prove otherwise! Stretching not only improves your flexibility, but it can decrease your risk of injury. It also increases blood flow to your muscles too!
Spring means outdoor activities, and what’s better than enjoying our beautiful QLD back yard!
The days are becoming longer, the air is warmer and we’re all starting to enjoy being outdoors a whole lot more. We can often find ourselves feeling more motivated to get active, so it’s the perfect time to jump right in and ramp up your physical activity.
It’s important to take get back into your exercise carefully and gradually. Overestimating our physical capabilities is an easy way to quickly injure or strain our bodies, so remember the process is to build up the fitness back to a more regular routine.
Have you been sticking to your workouts during the winter months, and now starting to feel bored with your regular exercise? Well let’s shake it up!
From group and family activities to individual exercises, we’re passionate about encouraging active living as a healthy approach to maintaining and achieving optimal health.
Have you thought about trying something new?
- Going for a family bike ride? Choosing a scenic route, or throwing in a pit-stop picnic, is a great way to get everyone involved and outdoors!
- Outdoor fitness classes – whether it’s bootcamp or yoga, there are plenty of outdoor classes that pop up during spring. Check out what’s going on around you via: http://activeinparks.org/find-an-activity/?state=queensland and also https://www.meetup.com/en-AU/find/events/?allMeetups=true&radius=16&userFreeform=Brisbane&mcId=c1000655&change=yes
- Go for hikes with friends or family! Great hikes in and around Brisbane can be found via: https://www.theurbanlist.com/brisbane/a-list/best-bush-walks-in-and-around-brisbane)
- Get a buddy and make a workout schedule – whether it’s a gym, going for a run, doing a fitness class together – grab your bestie and get moving!
In summary, we all know it’s important to take care of our health. It’s becoming more apparent that there are numerous ways we can easily look after ourselves better.
The challenge is enforcing these habits and being consistent. It’s also important to understand that having everyday aches and pains isn’t normal, and you don’t have to continuously suffer with these everyday discomforts. Chiropractic is a very effective approach to diagnosing and managing musculoskeletal problems, where we develop individual and tailored health plans that will get your health back on track.
Spring leads us into the energetic Christmas period and the exciting New Year for 2020, so don’t write off this year as another year of not achieving your health goals – make this part of the year the most productive and successful for 2019!
Leave a reply