We all know the benefits of keeping active, but how can we embrace and promote this within the workplace?
- Go local for meetings, workshops and catch ups – take a walking meeting, or walk to your favourite local place (ie cafe, park)
- Experiment with different desk and seating arrangements
- Encourage (and role model!) taking micro-breaks has proven to be very beneficial for posture, focus and for muscle fatigue. It is recommended to take 30-60 second breaks every 20 minutes to stand and stretch
- Allow for flexible work arrangements where possible so employees can make time for physical activity
- Create visual reminders and dedicated spaces for stretching and movement
- Create friendly, active competition amongst your team to help them get moving more (ie. 10,000 steps challenge)
- Introduce discounted gym memberships and other incentives with local wellbeing operators/services
- Create an active day every month, quarter, year and arrange healthy activities for staff to enjoy, learn and participate in.
- Can help establish and maintain positive workplace mental health
- Have happier, healthier employees that are more motivated and productive in the workplace, boosting morale
- Regular exercise routines can boost work performance, improving cognition, mental flexibility and memory
- Can help reduce stress and anxiety
- Research also shows that just one hour of exercise a week can aid in reducing depression rates
Get in contact with us on (07) 3892 1440 to book our your next appointment
Leave a reply