How often should I have my spine checked by a chiropractor?
There are a wide range of reasons that people go to chiropractors. The most common symptomatic reasons are for low back pain, neck pain and headaches. Others may see a chiropractor for various musculoskeletal problems and other conditions
Many people use chiropractors to assist with general well being and to this end come in for regular chiropractic adjustments. These people find that they feel better when small spinal imbalances are being corrected regularly, rather than waiting for problems to develop.
How often the spine should be checked for these imbalances depends on a number of factors including:
- Pre-existing health conditions
- Current emotional stress – a busy corporate executive may need more frequent care than a person with a more relaxed lifestyle
- Current physical stress – if your occupation requires long peri-ods of sitting or heavy lifting and bending this is likely to affect your spine
- Age – generally young children require less frequent check ups
- What you demand from your body – an athlete wanting to perform at their peak may wish to see their chiropractor more often
Your chiropractor can recommend a check-up program to suit your individual needs. Ultimately though, you are the boss. It’s your health and you make the decision on how much and for how long.
Leave a reply